Things are hotting up this Spring and your nails should be too! Essie are renowned for being at the cutting edge of nail fashion so based on their recent activity here’s a run down of what’s hot in Spring 2016.
Pinks and Purples
Essie’s blog recommends this youthful and wild look for the Spring. Here’s how to get the look.
Pink, purple, and cranberry hues converge in a colorblock nail design.
- Hydrate with apricot cuticle oil.
- Clean and prep nails with an essie base coat.
- Start with 2 coats of muchi, muchi. let dry.
- Using a nail striper or nail tape, create a straight angle edge sectioning off the top portion of your nail and fill in using flowerista. let dry.
- Again using a nail striper or nail tape section off the portion along the left side of your nail. fill in with play date.
- Shine + seal with any essie top coat.
Toronto Fashion Week
Essie had several new trends on the runway at Toronto Fashion week. The mastermind behind the season’s hottest nails is Rita Remark, Essie’s Global Lead Educator and Lead Nail Artist.
Rita designed some very edgy modern turquoise nails for Mackage which contrasted with the more traditional designs she did for Lucian Matis. The latter resembled a French manicure, although somewhat more bold with prints, embroidery and beaded accents.
Rita’s nail fashion designs for the runway at Haley Elsaesser were colourful with eccentric and daring designs which were well matched to the clothing, while at Matthew Gallagher the Essie nails were more conservative and classic. The use of a matte coat and a line of negative space added some pizazz and produced a striking velvety effect. These designs were intended to match Gallagher’s lines which are typically intended for classy cocktail events.
Manicures at Spa Experience
If you need to revamp your nails this Spring then drop in to your local Spa Experience London
Perfect for well-maintained nails, includes cuticle work, nail shaping and polish application.
A full restorative programme designed to transform your hands. Full cuticle work, nail shaping, massage, nourishing mask and polish application.